*** ohs focused plant supervisor *** in Matraville
Matraville, New South Wales
This small factory based in Matraville is looking for a Plant Supervisor to join the team. With a strong focus on safety, past experience in driving OHS procedures will be a major part of the recruitment process.
With a strong focus on safety, the plant supervisor will be expected to take ownership of all compliance and safety training and assist in ensuring compliance with the Health and Safety program.
This role will be responsible for:
- Controlling flow of activity in the plant
- Minimising overtime and labour costs
- Assisting in developing and implementing short and long term plans for the plant
- Overseeing the preparation of daily schedules
- Overseeing training on all types of equipment
- Maintaining, monitoring and repairing of all machines
The plant supervisor will be reporting to the Operations Manager and will be responsible for the day to day running of the factory. This will include supervising, planning and administration, daily operational/logistics functions and a strong customer service focus.
In addition the Plant Supervisor will be responsible for recruiting, training and developing talent. Ensuring there is a pipeline of qualified candidates available for future staffing needs. Reviews performance and development and takes corrective action as required. Provides coaching and mentoring on an ongoing basis
In order to be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Educated to Year 12 level or equivalent
- Previous supervisory experience, including employee relations, performance management, hiring, training and coaching.
- Strong knowledge and ability in the use of a personal computer and software applications.
If you are interested in this role and meet the criteria and experience being sought please don't delay and apply using the links below.
Supervisor, OHS, Factory, Yr 12 Education,