About the client
This medium sized Freight forwarder have made the play to start competing against the larger companies. New and existing clients have already begun moving there Christmas season cargo and things are just getting started. To help with the workload, management have decided a Supervisor is required for the air freight department to keep things efficient and running smoothly.
About the role
In this role, you will be focused on all Import Air Freight Operations, as well as supporting the Export Air freight operations during peak periods. As the hands on department head and supervisor, you will also be required to build a small team of operators around you, to then delegate to so you can move into a more efficiency and process driven role.
- Registering all import air freight jobs into Melbourne (some Sydney)
- Liaising with airlines, overseas agents and offices
- Invoicing and air cargo automation
- P&L reports
- Liaising with transport companies and internal departments
- Leading and delegating to your team
- Streamlining processes and budget reporting
Skills & experience
- 3-4 years+ experience within freight forwarding industry
- Strong exposure within air freight operations (especially imports)
- EDI exposure advantageous
- Team leader or Management experience NOT essential
- Accrual reporting exposure desired
Free gym membership, come on! Beautiful modern open plan working environment. Build your career by learning from experienced professionals that will help develop you into a manager.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Simpson on 03 9252 2177.