This NSW goverment department is expanding locally and due to an internal promotion they now require an Audit Officer.
The primary purpose of the role is to assist or support in any audit or review of strategic and operational management systems, applications and programs for the department, state offices, schools and other business units.
- Assist or support in any audit or review of strategic and operational management systems, applications or programs including but not limited to compliance, risk based or performance audits in all areas of the department
- Assist and support in investigations of suspected corrupt conduct (especially fraud), waste or maladministration
- Knowledge and understanding on sound management practices and risk management techniques
- Assist or support in the assessment of organisational risk and control in accordance with Audit guidelines
- Assist or support in the implementation of the Audit Directorate quality assurance systems
- Respond to customer needs and priorities in an effective and responsive manner
- Assist in the communication of the Audit Directorate’s perspectives to customers
To be sucessful in the role you will possess:
- Exposure to auditing and testing of financial transactions within SAP
- High attention to detail and an eye to spot errors
- Strong communication skills for stakeholder management
- Make recomendations to senior management
- Knowledge and understanding of internal control and audit matters, ensuring consistency across the Directorate
This is a six month contract with the possible option of extension / permanency therefore if you meet the above criteria and are interested in the opportunity then please apply below and / or contact Alex on 02 8215 1007