availability and capacity manager, itsm in Gladesville
Gladesville, New South Wales
My client is a large government Department seeking an experienced Availability and Capacity Manager responsible in assisting the development and implementation of Availability and Capacity Management processes. It is an intial contract till end of Jan 2017 role based in Gladesville.
The Availability and Capacity Manager will ensure that implementation of process, plans and reporting is in accordance to ITIL principles and framework. The incumbent will make sure that implementation of these processes is as per industry standards.
The role Responsibilities:
- Work to the overall objectives agreed with the Group Manager, ITSM and implement Availability and Capacity Management Policy, process, procedures and standards.
- Work on developing Availability and Capacity plans, regular and ad-hoc reports.
- Actively involved in transitions for new services to determine Availability and Capacity requirements are covered.
- Actively looking for avenues of improvement through proactive Availability and Capacity planning and mitigating risks by flagging concerns and issues to the concerned teams.
- Evaluating SPOF (Single Point of Failure) and weakness assessments across Data Centres including multi-tiered applications and IT infrastructure.
- Work with other process owners and managers to establish interface with Incident Management, Problem Management, Configuration Management, Change and Release Management and Technical Management functions.
- Identify measurable KPI’s and metrics and develop customised management reports and impact analysis reports.
- Train and coach staff regarding Availability and Capacity Management process, procedures and ensures that any changes to the Availability and Capacity Management methods and processes are properly approved and communicated to staff before being implemented.
- Tertiary qualifications, or relevant technical certifications and current driver’s license.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL v3, IT Service Management principles. ITIL Intermediate certification required.
- Experience implementing and/or maintaining ITIL aligned Availability and Capacity Management plans, policies and processes and experience developing and/or evaluating SPOF (Single Point of Failure) and weakness assessments across complex applications and ICT infrastructure.
- Experience developing operational and business reports with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multi-support team environment. Understanding and knowledge of project management, including application of concepts, principles and practices and processes required to manage and coordinate range of work.
- Demonstrated high-level time management and organisational skills, as well as advanced written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to successfully communicate complex technical concepts to a technical and non-technical. and to work independently and collaboratively in a small team environment that involves distributed locations audience through the use of excellent written and oral communication skills.
Please send your CV using the 'apply now' link /email@example.com
ITIL, Capacity Management.