A highly sought after government organisation is seeking to recruit a Technical Advisor for an immediate start in September. The organisation is proud of having an organisational culture that delivers innovation, energy and results. The culture is driven by the values and the way employees behave. Future Focus, Achieving Together, Inspiring Excellence, Respecting Individuals and Ensuring Trust are just a few values of the company.
The Technical Advisor is responsible for providing technical advise to a range of internal and external stakeholders to support the industry compliance with current building legislation, regulations and codes. This position provides technical support to various boards, assesses and delivers building and occupancy permits, and provides general legislative advice to the building industry.
Furthermore, we are seeking applicants with a specific skillset and working experience, to include:
- Provide instruction and guidance on the Building Act and Regulations to internal and external stakeholders, delivering a consistent approach in legislative interpretation and advice.
- Provide technical support, assessment and presentation services to a wide range of stakeholders, including specific statutory boards and committees, internal units, building practitioners and consumers.
- Issue building and occupancy permits in accordance with defined building surveyor statutory powers.
- Prepare technical reports and input into a variety of matters including site inspections and assessment of documentation, making recommendations for relevant actions.
- Undertake projects and research associated with the ongoing review, evaluation and revision of the Australian Building Act, Regulations and Codes, making amendments/recommendations as required.
- Prepare clear, concise and accurate reports, correspondence and other documentation as required.
- Liaise with the building industry sector, reporting authorities, government bodies and associated stakeholders.
- Attend and present at Industry and public forums.
- Actively participate in monitoring and evaluation, and ensure that work is performed in line with Commissions monitoring and evaluation and records management practices.
We are looking for a candidate with tertiary qualifications in building surveying, engineering, architecture or related discipline, from a recognised university or TAFE College and 5+ years work experience. The right candidate should have sound knowledge of the Building Control system in Victoria, building industry, innovations and emerging issues, with the ability to interpret and provide advice in relation to legislation, regulation and codes. You must have the ability to deliver high levels of customer service, including the ability to be proactive in identifying customer requirements, and establish and maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders.
If you are interested in applying for this position, meet the stipulated criteria, then we encourage you to apply with your resume below. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by Ramona Weckerle within 7 days of application.