A highly sought after government organisation is seeking to recruit a Corporate Category Manager for an immediate start in September/October. The position is for 3 months on a contract basis with a permanent opportunity following. The organisation is proud of having an organisational culture that delivers innovation, energy and results. The culture is driven by the values and the way employees behave. Future Focus, Achieving Together, Inspiring Excellence, Respecting Individuals and Ensuring Trust are just a few values of the department.
The Corporate Category Manager will have following responsibilities:
- Apply well developed skills to design, develop and implement category management strategies, coordinate the delivery of mandatory category reporting and undertake research into current and merging markets and suppliers, including driving cost and service improvements
- Negotiate with and influence key stakeholders to drive early procurement engagement, deliver strategies that minimise risk and maximises value, identify potential procurement opportunities and develop in depth knowledge of category products and supplies.
- Under limited direction, apply procurement knowledge of systems and process to attend to mandatory Victorian Government Purchasing Board (VGPB) reporting requirements and discolours and to ensure procurement policies and procedures comply with all mandatory governance requirements.
- Provide expert advice to assist with the selection of appropriate forms of contract, development of contract requirements, management of contracts and compliance with procurement policies and procedures.
- Lead and maintain outstanding collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve procurement and contract management objectives.
- Apply creative and advanced problem solving skills to identify, develop and implement procurement improvement initiatives and contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and innovative work practices.
We are seeking applicants with a specific skillset and working experience, to include:
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in Business Management, Finance OR similar
- Minimum of 5-10 years experience relevant to the below mentioned capabilities, as followed:
- Demonstrate and expert understanding of supply chain, strategic sourcing and contract management in leading, developing, analysing and delivering superior performance across categories of spend.
- Apply extensive knowledge and experience to effectively interpret and apply procurement and contracting legislation, policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain strategic working relationships to build constructive, highly influential and collaborative partnerships with a diverse range of stakeholders for mutually agreeable business outcomes.
- Apply well developed verbal communication, presentation and writing skills to provide correct, clear and consise procurement presentations, reports and papers.
- Provide expert advice to develop and implement procurement catgory strategies and plocies within a complex environment.
If you are interested in applying for this position, meet the stipulated criteria, then we encourage you to apply with your resume below. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by Ramona Weckerle within 7 days of application.