This local council is seeking to hire a Digital Communications Officer with excellent communication skills for a 6 month contract with possibility or extension
As Digital Communications Officer, you will use Squiz Matrix content management system to write and edit scientific, technical, and regulatory material for the Agency's website, social media, and other mediums in plain English, following government guidelines and online writing techniques.
You will also:
- Assist in redesigning the Agency's website information architecture and writing new content for the redeveloped website.
- Conduct website content audits and use Google and Funnelback search analytics.
- Write metadata and make content accessible in line with WCAG 2.0 guidelines.
- Provide communications advice, training, services and support to other staff.
- Write and edit other communications material, including newsletters and reports.
The successful Digital Communications Officer will have:
- Basic website image/graphic design skills (using Adobe PhotoShop) is desirable but not essential.
- Demonstrated experience and high level writing and editing skills to communicate scientific, regulatory and technical information in plain English across various mediums.
- Experience and technical capability with using a website content management system back end and HTML including creating tables and forms – Squiz Matrix experience preferred.
- High level verbal communication and interpersonal skills to build and sustain productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and service providers.
If you are an organized and creative person and you can work within tight time-frames, this is your chance. You will work in a competent, collaborative and supportive team.
Apply now or contact Tania Louis-Seize on 02 8298 3825 to discuss the role in more details.