director in Adelaide
Adelaide, South Australia
AU$ 55,000 per month
Your Brand New Centre
This unique Community Centre offers a well established Occasional CareProgram for Children Aged 2 - 5 years. The centre encourages the involvement of parents and the local community in its operation and management to ensure that occasional childcare requirements of the local community. The program encourages physical, social, cognitive and emotional development of children through fun, stimulating and challenging activities.
The centre operates from 9am to 1pm Tuesday to Friday, so this is a part time position, initially for a contract period of at least 6 months - there is a possibility of extension. There are additional hours for programming and administration on a weekly basis.
- The Occasional Care program is an integral part of the local community and recognised for its warm and caring culture.
- On-site parking available
- Opportunity to work with a passionate team in delivering an amazing curriculum
- Part time position that could work well with a Centre Director of a school aged program or someone wishing to work within school hours.
- Lead all activities within the centre in an efficient and effective manner
- Guide and support centre team members to ensure the care and education of children and their families
- Supervise the programs and the quality of care the centre provides
- Provide ongoing support and assistance in all areas of administrative procedures, curriculum development, parent and community liaison, staff professional development and training, and any other areas as the need arises
- Keep up to date with current developments in the Early Childhood field
- Build strong relationships with staff and families alike, and to promote a positive and stimulating environment
- Maintain a harmonious liaison with parents , centre management, team members and children
- Organise team member rosters as per the award / regulations and ensure team members complete necessary forms
- Participate in meetings, conferences and training courses, where appropriate
- Nappy changing may be required
To be successful in this role you must have the following attributes
- A completed Diploma in Children's Services or a Bachelor of Early Childhood Teaching
- Previous experience in a leadership role desired
- Excellent communication skills
- A sound knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework, National Quality Framework and National Regulations
- A real passion for developing, planning, and implementing creative educational programs which reflect the diverse nature of the community
- Knowledge and relevant skills in documenting children's learning through observations
- The ability to build warm and respectful relationships with families and children
- The ability to work harmoniously and in a team environment
- Current First Aid Certificate and current DSCI Police Clearance
For further information or to apply, we would love to hear from you, send your resume to Siobahn at email@example.com or alternatively click on apply now with your updated resume and cover letter.
Centre Director | Centre Manager | ECT | Diploma | Childcare | Permanent | Adelaide