Take this opportunity to join a multi-national engineering & construction company who specialises in providing turn-key solutions to a broad range of heavy industry customers across Australia. Due to business growth through project wins, there is a full time, permanent opportunity for an Electrical Controls Engineer based in Adelaide. Operating in a technical working environment, this firm are proud of their strong commitment to providing engineering excellence in their solutions.
Reporting to the Principal Electrical Engineer, you will provide engineering services in the design, co-ordination & management of control systems within projects to ensure objectives are met with quality, schedule and budget. This is a broad, end to end position giving you exposure with developing designs, scope of work, specifications, configuration of SCADA, PLC programming, supervising controls system implementation and commissioning on site.
Key elements of the role:
- Control system design and implementation including PLC design & programming, SCADA system design and programming and network design
- Preparation of scope of works, functional descriptions, FAT documentation & manuals
- Performing FAT
- Ensure the delivery of control system requirements
- Complete documentation for procurement of materials & equipment
- Oversee works on site when necessary
The suitable candidate will possess the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering
- At least a few years experience in the petrochemical oil & gas, mining, heavy industry sector
- Demonstrated experience with Schneider, Rockwell, Allen-Bradley, Siemens PLCs
- Demonstrated experience with SCADA systems
- Must be able to read and interpret P&IDs
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective reporting writing skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Have the ability to build relationships and rapport with all levels of staff
- Strong PC and computing skills (MS Office)
- Clean C Class Licence
Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further information including job description, project & company details, and remuneration. Due to a high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interstate and international candidates will not be considered for this role.
To apply for the role, please click on apply to submit your CV. For a confidential discussion, please contact Clayton Colbert, Engineering Specialist from Randstad.