Randstad have been engaged by one of our civil clients to source an experienced estimator to join their Brisbane operation.
The company are a privately owned Australian civil infrastructure company specialising in the delivery of pipeline, drainage and communication infrastructure services.
They have a very strong presence here in SEQ and are on the panel to supply many of the local authorities and a number of private developers in and around the Brisbane area,
Reporting to the General Manager you duties will include:
- 1st principle estimating
- Prepare tender Strategies
- Daily use of expert estimation
- Co-ordinate and participate in tender reviews
- Preparing tenders/quotations and list exceptions and clarifications as well as reviewing tenders with management as appropriate.
- Organising submissions to clients for expressions of interest in consultation with pre-contracts team.
- Negotiate and agree project-specific subcontract/supply arrangements.
- Plan and co-ordinate allocated estimating resources for the tender to maximize success with the tender submission. Where required, prepare cost estimates and technical proposals for tender submissions directly within the scope of appropriate drawings, specifications, quantities and cost data..
- Client liaison and requesting information from clients as required
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering
- Min 2+ years estimating and tendering experience
- Must ideally have previously performed onsite in a delivery role
- First principles estimating for civil projects (Water, utilities, drainage)
- Experience in concrete structures (drainage works on subdivision projects highly advantageous)
- Expert Estimator preferred
- Proven experience working on projects ranging from $1-5m
If you feel you meet the criteria required and would like to know more please apply now.