estimator – tier 2 d&c builder in Melbourne
AU$ 120,000 per year
My client is one of Australia’s most successful and experienced Apartment and Retail builders that have built a reputation by delivering challenge projects ahead of time and under budget. With both sectors booming the company has a need to grow the team and are looking for an experienced Estimator to work across a mixture of hard dollar tenders and D&C projects.
About the Role
As an Estimator with the business you will be responsible for preparing budgets and estimates for tender and design & construct projects across the EBA Apartment sectors as well as retail projects typically valued between $20m - $100m. You will compile tenders independently although you will be supported by the Estimating team from the business. This is a great opportunity to join an established and leading Melbourne builder that have a great reputation, as such you will have the opportunity to grow and develop with the business with the potential to progress your career and earning potential.
As Estimator you will be responsible for the following
- Managing and coordinating tenders
- Cost Planning
- Liaising with clients, subcontractors and suppliers
- Review, develop and approve tender lists
- Vetting of subcontractor and supplier prices
- Prepare Bill of Quantities and Cost Plans
- Develop final estimates
- Preparation of tender forms, submissions and letters
- Assist project staff with contract letting
Skills and Experience
Applications are sought from candidates, who have 3+ years estimating experience from a similar main contractor and have also completed their tertiary qualification in building/construction, are fully IT literate, and who are seeking to develop their career in the Melbourne construction scene via Estimating.
My client creates a team environment driven by the directors of the business who are passionate about developing a great business culture and operating on a basis of openness and commitment to solving any problems.
- Genuine opportunity to grow and develop your career with a leading builder
- Work across a great mix of hard dollar and negotiated tenders.
- Work with a builder on D&C projects and value engineering.
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the link below, or email Alex.firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion please contact Alex Carson on 03 9252 2111.
estimator, buildsoft, cost planning, commercial builder,