finance manager in Eastern Suburbs Sydney
Eastern Suburbs Sydney, New South Wales
AU$ 110,000 per year
The client: Australia's most successful and largest provider of speciality medical treatment both here and in the UK. Each year the company continues to expand its services with new centres being established here and the UK.
Due to an internal promotion, the position of Senior Accountant / Finance Manager has become available within one of their most exciting divisions.
As the finance lead within this division, the role requires a technically capable audit trained Chartered Accountant who is either a Manager within a Chartered Practice (Top 10) or is in a similar role but looking to make a change into a new and exciting business that is growing.
- Maintain and develop the established financial control framework
- Manage the completion of the month-end cycle within clearly defined timelines
- In conjunction with business stakeholders, completing comprehensive analytical reviews across all key P&L/balance sheet items and proactively manage resolution of queries
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are completed monthly with appropriate resolution of all reconciling items
- Establish and maintain audit trails for all revenue/expense streams and balance sheet accounts
- Proactively determine opportunities to streamline and/or automate processes
- Manage the integration of core billing systems into the general ledger
- Integrate new practices and business relationships into the control framework
- Manage the ongoing relationship with the External Auditors
- Supporting the Finance Practice Partner to deliver high-quality management reporting and analysis to support initiatives
- Delivering comprehensive monthly management reporting to stakeholders with key focus on insight, timeliness and accuracy
- Continually developing strategies to improve the effectiveness of management accounting processes
- Co-ordinating the annual budgeting & monthly forecasting processes
- Effectively project manage work streams supporting financial control improvements and automation opportunities
In addition, you will need to develop strong external relationships with various individuals/agencies/key stakeholders including the External Auditors.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Qualified Chartered Trained CA / ACCA with at least 5+ years experience in professional or commercial environment (or combination thereof)
- Proven strong Stakeholder interactions: communication, negotiation & influencing
- Proven Team building & management: coaching, performance development & leading through change.
This is a golden opportunity to join an innovative business that is regarded as a leader within its field with an ambitious growth strategy.
When applying, please quote Order Number: 90M0266767 and include a short cover note as to your current remuneration package and what your remuneration expectations are.
To discuss the role in more detail, please feel free in contacting me directly on 82151081 or email@example.com
Financial Control, decision support, stakeholder management, finance manager