Are you looking for a job that will give you 40 hours per week in a location close to your home with a genuine opportunity to work for the next 2 years… then we are looking for you! This job pays great rates, has a consistent weekly roster spanning day and afternoon shift as well as an environment where your compassion and accommodating nature towards their residents is very much appreciated.
The most suitable applicants for this role will come from the hospitality, accommodation services, health or a similar industry. Your experience may come from:
- Nursing homes - Meal preparation, cleaning
- Hospitals - Cleaning, changing beds, nursing assistants, meal preparation.
- Motels and Hotels - General housekeeping or site cleaning.
- Laundry Services - folding linen, cleaning.
- Hospitality or Food Services - food preparation, kitchen hands or volume catering.
- Commercial Cleaning - Cleaning residential or commercial buildings
If you have worked in a role where strong hygiene awareness is critical and where you thrive on being empathetic towards customers/guests and residents then you will have had exposure to an environment that can be adapted to these roles.
What else do we look for in our applicants for this role?
- Reliability - you have no hesitations in committing to the shifts that you are provided and have great attendance
- Adaptable Skills - you can demonstrate your previous work skills and enjoy this type of work
- Work References - you have at least two that will tell us all about your work ethic and ability
- Empathy and Compassion - you understand that people have diverse needs and care for the feelings of others
- Physical Capacity - You are fit and can do repetitive manual handling including lifting of 15kgs regularly
- Police Check - you are happy to complete a police check prior to commencement
- Drivers Licence - you have a drivers licence and own reliable vehicle
What does a typical day look like for those selected in this role?
These roles are located within an ageing and disability facility where residents are housed and looked after by a team of professional staffing and supported by these roles. You will not be required to provide direct care for the residents but we would expect that you are enthusiastic and happy to:
- Clean residents bedrooms and common areas
- Complete laundry services such as collection of items and preparation of linen
- Serve allocated pre-made meals to residents
We have a number of positions available so we encourage you to share this advertisement with your network. To get involved we ask that you please use the apply now function below to submit your resume or contact Amy Alexander on 40327300.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.