About the Company for HSE Officer Role:
HSE Officer role is for one of Australia’s most respected and iconic builder/developers in Sydney. With several large developments currently being built they offer employees the opportunity to work on amazing projects which will develop and broaden their skill set and project expertise.
The HSE Officer is responsible for assisting the Workplace Manager in day to day implementation and maintenance of the organisation’s HSE Management System and the Workplace Risk Management Plan.
Duties of the HSE Officer Role:
Further more detailed job duties can be provided but in brief the successful candidate will be expected to complete the below duties;
- Assist in the implementation of HSE initiatives and programs
- Actively participate as a member of the HSE team.
- Develop and distribute monthly HSE reports
- Actively participate in formal and informal communication
- Keep up to date with legislative changes and best practice methods
- Facilitate the distribution of HSE information to all personnel
- Provide accurate & timely advice to Managers on any prevailing HSE issues.
- Communicate between injured employees, management and medical providers
- Participate in any relevant industry bodies and internal HSE forums.
- Review work practices and recommend improvements
- Assist in the preparation of monthly HSE reports
- Help in the maintenance of HSE plans and HSE corrective actions.
- Conduct regular HSE inspections
- Conduct Service Provider Implementation reviews across your designated project.
- Undertake risk assessments of new or changed plant, chemicals, etc.
- Lead incident investigations with site management
- Investigate any formal reporting of incidents involving injury or near miss
- Maintain computer based incident data.
- Develop and review documentation as prescribed through schedules, plans, or as required.
- Deliver HSE training programs to the workforce and management.
- Organise support materials, participants and venues for HSE training.
- Communicate with all other employees with respect and integrity.
- Contribute to the provision of a safe working environment by role modelling HSE behaviours.
- Observe and visibly demonstrate HSE requirements and practices.
- Comply with all reasonable instruction from management and use safety equipment provided.
Skills and Experience Required
- Cert IV in Workplace Health and Safety
- Formal qualifications in WHS or associated fields (or well progressed).
- Understanding of Regional Legislative requirements.
- Formal training and assessment qualifications desirable.
- Proficient at using documents with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Broad knowledge and experience in risk assessment, auditing and review processes.
- A team player with good communication skills.
- Capability to manage conflict and change effectively.
- Good analytical and reasoning capabilities.
- Efficient time management skills.
- Ability to act with discretion and treat confidential information appropriately.
- Able to prioritise tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Culture of the Company
The HSE team are a very sociable and pleasant team that fit in well with the companies’ culture. The company are at the front of working environments that tie in with employee happiness and well – being.
Training and development is encouraged within the company and many line managers and senior staff
Benefits of the HSE Officer Role
- Salary of 120 - 130k
- Training and development provided
- Work on iconic Sydney projects
- Short term and long term incentive scheme