Randstad has recently acquired the South Australian Council Solutions contact which consists of 6 local Councils within the metropolitan area. Based in the Northern suburbs, we are currently seeking an experienced Human Resources professional with a strong background in Health and Safety.
As the HRBP, Health and Safety, you will join an established HR department that is responsible for both field and office workers. You will be required to lead and continuously develop a safety-focussed culture across the broader organisation. Working closely with the executive leadership group, you will be responsible for the improvement, development, and/or implementation of the Health and Safety system, policies, procedures and guidelines that all contribute to making the workplace a safer place.
This full time opportunity is available on a 3 month temporary contract and the successful candidate will be available to commence no later than the 4th of October 2016.
- Lead the development and implementation of a Health and Safety System that complies with Health and Safety legislation and the Workcover self-insured SA Performance Standards.
- Lead the implementation of the council’s Safety First Strategy and the development of a safety-focussed culture.
- Develop a health and safety training plan based on a training needs analysis.
- In partnership with corporate leaders, develop and implement health and safety policies, procedures and guidelines that contribute to a safe workplace.
- Implement health and safety programs using the organisation’s project management framework.
- Provide advice on Health and Safety policies, procedures and matters at all levels of the organisation.
- Manage Workcover or legislative audits and ensure identified corrective actions are implemented.
- Manage the health and safety budget.
- Prepare and distribute to identified stakeholders, health and safety statistical reports, health and safety performance and key performance indicators.
- Working with key stakeholders, ensure the development of appropriate Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure employees are returned to work following an injury in accordance with Workers Compensation and Rehabilitation legislation and procedures.
- Liaise with the Local Government Association Workers Compensation Scheme in relation to Health and Safety.
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources Management or a related fields or a broad generalist experience in a similar role
- Strong Risk and Hazard Management experience with a medium to large organisation
- Significant experience coaching managers and supervisors
- Experience successfully implementing change in complex organisations
- Significant experience managing complex health and safety issues, conducting investigations and providing advice and support with health and safety matters
- Sound experience in the delivery of health and safety services to a diverse customer group
If you are interested in the above position and you are looking for an organisation focused on people, that will work with you to achieve your potential and ensure your success, then please apply on link below or contact Shelley James on Shelley.firstname.lastname@example.org