About the Client
As a global leader within the freight forwarding market, our client is looking for motivated and experienced staff to join their ranks so they can continue to grow and expand with the best in the business. With a brand new purpose built facility and trucking fleet, they have made the move to start playing in the same pool as the large forwarders.
About the role
The position requires you to cover all Import Sea Freight Operations duties from registrations to invoicing, sending out all notifications, as well as monthly reporting. You will be reporting to the Sea Freight Manager, attending weekly and monthly meetings to help streamline processes and develop your own skills as a leader to one day move into a management position.
- Registering all import sea freight jobs into Melbourne
- Liaising with shipping lines and co-loaders
- Daily contact with local and international offices and agents
- Dealings with internal departments
- Invoicing and SCA
- Be the go to person in the team for elevated queries
Skills & Experience
- 3 years+ experience within freight forwarding industry
- Strong exposure within import sea freight operations
- EDI exposure advantageous
- Desire to become a leader
- Strong decision making skills
This role has been created due to internal promotion. If this isn’t going to happen to you in your current company, make the move to this one that will encourage driven operators to become leaders.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Simpson on 03 9252 2177.