Large Wholesale, Commercial & Domestic distributor looking for an experienced Inventory Manager to lead a small team & implement new processes, new systems & provide analysis of stock moving forward.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated Inventory Manager with a strong focus on continuous improvement, leadership, safety and a flexible can-do attitude to further enhance their skillset. As part of our dedicated Operations Team and reporting to the Executive General Manager, you will lead a small centralised team to ensure continuous improvement of our Inventory & Procurement processes and operations.
- Leading, developing and coaching of the procurement/Inventory team to ensure their efficient performance within the business;
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders across the business to ensure that procurement is approached consistently and in accordance with predetermined frameworks;
- Management of supplier relationships, including reviewing performance, product quality and pricing, and negotiation of cost efficient procurement outcomes;
- Supporting operations management in allocating and determining priorities, meeting critical deadlines and undertaking work in a highly organised manner;
- Review of existing processes and introduction of best practice including purchasing methods, inventory and cost purchasing controls.
- Maintaining up to date and accurate records, producing comprehensive monthly reports and detailed business analysis.
- Implementation of new inventory systems.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in procurement or similar discipline and at least 5 years experience in a distribution or supply chain environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proven negotiating skills and an ability to work unsupervised and autonomously.
- Computer literacy, with Microsoft Office suite and ERP experience.
- Excellent time management, problem solving, organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise effectively and efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze inventory levels & implement improvements.
- Experience in driving change through strong leadership skills
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Danny Mullan on 03 9252 2141