This is a leading Government Department that is building a new team within the Accountancy Department. They are experiencing a period of growth / increased funding and transformation in their designated focus area and as a result, have a current opportunity for a new team Management Accountants to join the team based in Sydney.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the newly formed Management Accounting team will liaise with the department units on a diverse range of accounting issues. The role will involve complex management accounting tasks and reporting obligations to senior key stakeholders with responsibilities including but not limited to:
· Month end accounting and project review process
· Analysis of project costs and overheads and ensuring values are accurate and accounted
· Assist with monthly review, invoicing and reconciliation of recharge accounts for relevant projects
· Assist in preparation of monthly management reports such as Debtors Analysis, monthly overhead salaries
· Ensure compliance with appropriate financial policy & procedure
· Report findings and influence key stakeholders for future spending
Suitable Management Accountants will have an accounting degree supported with a CPA or CA qualification and advanced Excel skills. You will ideally have experience within the Government environment and have the ability to communicate technical matters with non-financial team members. Influencing skills are also required as you will be required to negotiate / influence key stakeholders with the view to reducing future spending within the specific Government department.
This is an attractive opportunity to grow and develop your career working on major projects and diverse work within a growing and supportive Government department.
This is initially a 3 month contract with the view to extensions / permanency for the right candidates.
Please apply using the link below or contact Alex on 02 8215 1007 for a confidential discussion.