Well recognised food brand going through organic growth looking for experienced master scheduler to help with the increased demand for their products.
The key focus of the role is to create an optimised factory plan v forecast and meet customer service requirements.
Key result areas include:
- Prepare the weekly and daily production plans to ensure DIFOT is achieved and that the schedule maximises plant efficiency and minimises costs.
- Ensure strategic procurement objectives and supplier relationships are managed effectively. Ensure cost effective purchasing and timely replenishment of all materials.
- Ensure inventory accuracy and manage stocktakes, taking appropriate action to reduce variances.
- Manage the relationship with major customers regarding delivery issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Liaise with Sales and/or customers re pending or actual delivery issues.
Maintain the production forecast model based on data supplied by Sales and manage the internal forecasting process.
Prepare the weekly and daily production plans to:
- Ensure DIFOT is achieved
- Create and publish the weekly materials schedule that maximises plant efficiency and minimises costs.
- Obtain sign off with the Manufacturing Manager that the firm (released) plan is achievable.
- Monitor the plan and update as orders or circumstances change.
- Aggregate the demand forecast into resource requirements for both long and short term
- Communicate short term plans to key stakeholders required to deliver against set KPI's
- Enhance existing processes to deliver efficiency
- To participate in the sales and operations planning team meetings
- To give visibility to plans to ensure they are achievable
- To measure performance against plan
- To review the weekly production schedule and ensure it is generated in an efficient and timely manner
- To assist in working towards the development of the planning procedure so that no changes are made to the plan and that all relevant demand is automatically incorporated within the plan.
Manage short term and medium term production capacity through anticipating capacity constraints and planning overtime, effective stock-building, agreeing engineering downtime windows, implementing production prioritisation as directed.
- Ensure strategic procurement objectives and supplier relationships are managed effectively.
- Ensure cost effective purchasing.
- Seek cost reductions where possible.
- Ordering of all major inventory including Milk and Cream (weekly), other ingredients and packaging).
- Ensure timely replenishment of all materials to ensure zero out of stocks &/or over stocks.
Recommend changes to purchase order price lists.
- Take overall responsibility for ensuring inventory accuracy.
- Manage inventory levels to meet customer demand while minimising the amount of inventory to be held
- To assist in the development and implementation of inventory policies
- To assist in the development of integrated systems that impact on the department
- Coordinate and agree inventory classifications
- Identify obsolete and residual stock for action.
- Ensure a continuous review of processes and procedures
- Maintain Cycle Counting Processes within internal and external warehouses.
- Assist in agreed safety stock levels for inventory
- Manage stocktakes and initiate action to reduce variances.
- Ensuring the efficient conversion of Raw Materials
Identify pending issues with aging inventory of finished product or raw materials.
- Dairy industry background preferred
- Demonstrated experience in a similar production planning role gained within a manufacturing environment, preferably FMCG
- Competent using Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel, along with exposure to an ERP system
- Strong knowledge of inventory, production planning/scheduling and supply chain principles
- High level of analytical ability
- Strong written, verbal and numerical skills
- A demonstrated high quality of planning and problem solving
- A background in supply chain or manufacturing background
- Influencing and communication skills to enable working at both floor-level and management level within operations
- Ability to manage to tight deadlines in a pressured environment
- Excellent financial skills
- Ability to create strong working relationships
- Ability to improve processes and increase their capability and capacity
- Strong PC skills, financial modelling and intermediate Excel spread sheet and report writing skills, Experience with SAP would be an advantage.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Danny Mullan on 03 9252 2141