Take this opportunity to join a multi-national engineering & construction company who specialises in providing turn-key solutions to a broad range of heavy industry customers across Australia. Due to business growth through project wins, there is a full-time, permanent opportunity for a Junior Mechanical Engineer based in Adelaide. Operating in a technical working environment, this firm are proud of their strong commitment to providing engineering excellence in their solutions.
Reporting to the Principal Mechanical Engineer, you will provide engineering services in the design, co-ordination & management of technical mechanical aspects within projects to ensure objectives are met with quality, schedule and budget. This is a broad, end to end position giving you exposure with developing concept and detailed design outputs, specifications, tender estimates, procurement, construction and commissioning.
Key elements of the role:
- Design of mechanical systems to standards
- Procurement of materials & equipment to complete the project including liaison with suppliers
- Co-ordinate and communicate with other Mechanical Engineers & Drafters
- Co-ordination of any consulting engineering support to the project (civils)
- Client liaison
- Progress reporting
- Design support through installation phase
- Perform commissioning and performance testing
The suitable candidate will possess the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- At least a few years post-degree experience in the petrochemical oil & gas, mining, heavy industry sectors
- Knowledge/Experience with turnkey projects
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective reporting writing skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Have the ability to build relationships and rapport with all levels of staff & clients
- Strong PC and computing skills (MS Office & AutoCAD)
- Be able to travel when required
Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further information including job description, project & company details, and remuneration.
To apply for the role, please click on apply to submit your CV. For a confidential discussion, please contact Clayton Colbert from Randstad on 8150 7009.