Due to recent project wins, there is a full time, opportunity for a Mechanical Supervisor based in Alice Springs. Operating in a high risk working environment, this firm are proud of their strong commitment to safety and the environment which will be further strengthened by the appointment of this support position.
Reporting to the Site and Project Manager, you will provide support to the established project team from start to finish on this long term Installation project. Working within an established framework you will support all site based Mechanical activities with the aim of zero harm delivery of the project.
Key elements of the role:
- Supervising a work crew of 5-10 people
- Coordinating up to 40 people – subcontractors on site
- Pre-fabrication, pipe work and assembly
- Pre-start meetings and daily work permits
- Planning & schedule 4 weeks in advance
- Crane work, rigging, dogging, materials
- SWMS and JSEA's
- Quality assurance
The suitable candidate will posses the following:
- Must be trade qualified as a Mechanical Fitter
- Must have proven Mechanical Supervisor experience
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and be organised
- Have the ability to build relationships and rapport with all levels of staff
- PC and computing skills (MS Office)
- First Aid Certificate
- Clean C Class Licence
- White Card
If you are prepared to relocate to Alice Springs for the role please don’t hesitate to apply, highlighting your plan.
Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further information including job description, project & company details, and remuneration.
To apply for the role, please click on apply to submit your CV. For a confidential discussion, please contact Stephen Charalambous from Randstad on 8150 7016.