not-for-profit helpdesk officer in Western Sydney
Western Sydney, New South Wales
AU$ 58,000 per year
A large Not-For-Profit organisation established to protect the interests of employees in various industries through the provision of advice and information. The close-knit customer service team located in Western Sydney are dedicated to providing support to a large member network, advising on industrial relations issues over the phone.
The position involves providing industrial relations advice over the phone and via email in response to member enquiries and concerns. Some matters can be resolved quickly, others will need to be escalated to other departments of the organisation for them to handle. Some of the duties are outlined below.
- Provide timely and accurate responses to industrial inquiries
- Utilise information on awards, agreements, union policy and publications
- Access Industrial Databases and Intranet Information portals
- Occasional outbound calls to members to organise meetings
- Occasional outbound member satisfaction calls
- Ad hoc administration as required
Skills and Experience
A qualification in IR or Social Sciences will be highly regarded, but not essential. To be successful in this role you must have an interest in social justice and value fair treatment in the workplace. Excellent customer service skills and research ability are also required of the successful candidate.
- Tertiary background in related field will be high regarded
- Customer service experience in a call centre environment is desirable
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Confident in MS Word, MS Excel, Internet and Intranet
- Ability to work in a team to handle substantial volume of calls
- A strong interest in Industrial Relations
- A positive attitude and desire to advance their skills and knowledge
Benefits and Other Information
- One RDO (Rostered Day Off) each month
- Excellent training program provided
- $58,000 Package
- Get your foot into the door of Industrial Relations
Both Randstad and the organisation are equal opportunity employers and value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply now to be considered for this unique opportunity. Please contact Kate McVicar if you have any additional questions regarding the role
call center, complaints handling, trade union, customer service