principal project manager-ict in Sydney CBD
Sydney CBD, New South Wales
Randstad is currently working in partnership with a large government organisation to help them resource a Prncipal Project Manager- ICT for a 12 months contract based in the Sydney CBD area.
Pricipal Project Manager should have demonstrated experience in managing large scale complex integration and implementation project. The program works closely with the Program and Project Services group within the Information Technology Directorate to align with their recently introduced Project Framework, which is based on PRINCE2.
The Principal Project Manager - ICT leads and manages the risk, quality and progress of ICT projects to organisational standards, and ensures projects are completed on time, on budget, to quality standards, and within agreed scope.
- Lead and manage the planning and delivery of critical, highly complex and/or large projects
- Manage permanent and/or ad hoc teams to ensure project outcomes are achieved
- Develop and implement project management plans to ensure the success of the project
- Regularly communicate with key stakeholders to ensure project outcomes are met.
- Work with the program manager and peer project managers to consistently deliver high quality outcomes.
- Work with the PMO organisation to ensure adherence to internal methodologies and assure program and project outcomes.
- Produce high quality project artefacts and provide feedback to PMO organisation in support of continual improvement.
- Identify and manage scope, quality, schedule, finances, resources, risks, issues and dependencies to a high standard.
- Provide guidance and support to less experienced project managers.
- Manage challenging relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead and facilitate productive discussions with staff and stakeholders.
- End to end delivery responsibility of one or more medium complexity projects.
- Production of regular reporting packs for various control and stakeholder groups.
- Provide support and input to regular project audit activities.
- Previous experience working within private sector as well as government.
- Self-motivated individual that actively takes the initiative with an ability to work autonomously.
- Effective problem solver with a mix of analytical and creative thinking.
- PRINCE2 Project Methodology certification and experience.
- Demonstrates a high level of personal motivation, organisation and productivity.
- Ability to effectively balance analysis with pragmatism.
- Demonstrated experience with full project lifecycle (initiation through to closure).
If you have the right experience then please apply, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Integration, PMBOK, Prince 2