Our client, an international organisation who has over a 100 years of successfully delivering technically challenging projects and innovative solutions to the defence market, this highly regarded firm is again increasing their footprint in South Australia. With a proactive eye on the future they are looking to expand again; a brand new administration position within procurement team has been opened. This position reports directly to the Administration Manager, she has created a team with an excellent work balance; encouraging humour and personality while recognising the demands of day to day work.
Working as an Administrative Assistant within the procurement you will be required to provide varied administration support duties. Your ability to prioritise workloads and be flexible will be paramount, as your duties will include but not limited too;
- Supply pricing
- Pricing Negotiations
- Accounts Payable
- General procurement administration
- Setting up procurement processes and procedures
- Adhoc administration duties
- Quote and sales order processing through IFS
- Maintaining hard and soft copy job files
- Ensuring all quotes are followed up and received
- Customer and client interaction via telephone, email and carrier pigeon.
The ideal candidate for this role will be proactive and have a high attention to detail. You will be committed to the position and available to commence work shortly.
You will also have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced MS Office skills are essential; especially Excel – all candidates will be tested.
- A good attitude and work ethic
- Previous experience working as an procurement administrator is an essential
- Work experience with an engineering company will be looked on favourably
- Good sense of humour is a must!
- On a side note, the successful candidate will have two weeks off over the Christmas period
At Randstad our mission is ‘Shaping the World of Work’, as a candidate this means that we are committed to going the extra mile to find you a meaningful position and invest in your career through Randstad. Should this this role attract you please do not hesitate to apply; however I do request that a tailored covering letter is attached to your application.
Should you wish to have a private and confidential conversation regarding this position, please do not hesitate to contact Tom on 08 8468 8010. Once again I can not stress the importance of a tailored covering letter as candidates who do not provide won’t be progressed past the initial application phase.