Our 7,500-kilometre East Coast Grid of interconnected gas transmission pipelines provides the flexibility to move gas around eastern Australia, anywhere from Otway and Longford in the south, to Moomba in the west and Mount Isa and Gladstone in the north. In Western Australia and the Northern Territory, our pipelines stretch thousands of kilometres to supply gas to power major cities, towns and remote mining operations.
Apart from our interconnected natural gas pipelines, we own and operate the Ethane Pipeline which supplies ethane from the Cooper Basin production facility at Moomba, South Australia, to an ethylene plant in Botany, Sydney.
And it’s not just pipelines. We also own and operate the Mondarra Gas Storage Facility and the Emu Downs Wind Farm in Western Australia, Diamantina and Leichhardt Power Stations in Queensland, the Dandenong LNG Storage Facility in Victoria and the Central Ranges Gas Distribution Network servicing Tamworth in New South Wales.
Dandenong based initially and will relocate to Southbank approx. 21st November.
The role has a strong focus on travel. Indirect categories, while essential, travel will be a focal point.
The culture of the team is pragmatic and confident, as they’re influenced by the culture above them. The role is autonomous and reports into the Procurement Manager.
We’re looking for someone flexible & adaptable with a high sense of customer service and a high level of understanding of procurement and the RFP process. The candidates should be able to easily explain TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) and have intermediate to advanced analytical and Excel skills.
What we offer: A varied and high profile role within APA; this role services the business nationally and has a lot of interaction with our Executive team.
- Provide strategic procurement services for indirect categories nationally to the group.
- Drive benefits and savings from indirect categories for the business as a result of implementation of procurement initiatives.
- Delivery of procurement category management for indirect categories for the business.
- Delivery of sourcing, negotiation and contracting of procurement terms and conditions for indirect categories ensuring optimum benefits and effective management of risk for the Group.
- Support of the Function and BU strategy, planning frameworks and deliverables, including procedures, systems, tools and processes.
- Support of the supply chains and use of the Group ERP System for indirect categories both strategically and operationally.
- Development and maintenance of appropriate contacts and relationships for indirect categories at all levels within the Group and externally with suppliers.
- Development and execution of strategies to maximise the procurement efficiencies for indirect categories.
- Support and implementation of the operational business plans that deliver the Function and BU strategy. Align any Function and BU commercial decisions with indirect category management strategies.
- Support of the Function and BU business development activities by delivering operational excellence.
- Responsibility for the on time, on budget performance of Function activities.
- Identification and management of the procurement risks for indirect categories.
- Development and management of travel, office services and other indirect category APA communities
- Supplier relationship and contract management for indirect categories
- Development and management of APA policies relating to travel and other indirect categories
- Indirect category compliance management
- At least 3+ years previous purchasing experience in a warehousing, logistics or distribution environment.
- Excellent Microsoft Suite skills, communication skills both written and verbal and an eye for detail.
- Exposure to Manufacturing Industry would be ideal
- Demand planning experience.
- The ability to work in a fast moving high pressured seasonal environment.
- A highly organisational skill set with the ability to follow through set tasks to their completion
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Danny Mullan on 03 9252 2141 - Please note only selected candidates with relevant experience will be contacted.