program asset manager - capital works - state govt dept in Sydney CBD
Sydney CBD, New South Wales
The Program Manager is primarily responsible for managing and coordinating the delivery of individual capital works projects and programs as directed and applying best practice project management principals in order that time, cost, quality, safety and regulatory compliance and corporate and stakeholders' expectations are met.
- Oversee the development of project briefs for the major and minor capital works projects and programs, focusing on the end user, customer service, value for money, project timing, innovation and future use.
- Manage and oversee the forward works project procurement including engaging consultants and contractors responsible for delivering individual projects and programs and ensuring best quality services
- Oversee implementation, monitoring and updating of systems to ensure Work Health and Safety compliance on all capital works projects and programs, and oversee the management of statutory planning approvals for all projects and programs
- Manage state-wide delivery interfaces with contract management service providers, design teams and building contractors to achieve revenue and operational efficiency's while managing the delivery of designated works projects to specified time, cost and within a quality framework, and providing accurate and timely reports, advice and recommendations on individual projects and programs.
- Evaluate the progress and performance of designated capital works projects and programs to establish new and maintain existing program management tracking and monitoring systems and ensure the continuous improvement of management systems.
- Lead and manage people, provide mentoring and guidance to ensure personal and organisational development objectives are achieved; support the development of staff skills for best practice and continuous improvement; and provide team building to support ongoing development and create a positive and invigorating team environment.
- Ensure probity processes are in place, undertaken and regularly reviewed to resolve issues concerning procurement, contracting arrangements and outcomes. This includes overseeing and reporting on the payment of consultants and contractors in accordance with legislation and contracts.
- Provide whole of government advice and support to develop and maintain constructive and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders; represent the Department at various senior Committees and external stakeholder meetings to ensure appropriate and adequate advice is provided in a timely manner; and provide accurate and timely reports on the progress of the programs as required to the General Manager, the Asset Management leadership team, the Executive and the Minister’s Office.
- Delivering NSW Capital works projects and programs and services within defined timeframes in a commercial environment with limited resources while coordinating and advising regional/dispersed Asset Management Units in capital and infrastructure project and program management, and associated reporting
- Managing the ongoing implementation of government policies, and contribute to the development and implementation of the Asset Management Strategy including strategies around the aggregation of purchase of asset services to achieve value for money and reduce the cost of doing business.
- Setting and managing the expectations of communities exposed to capital works. Ensuring communities have confidence in the processes and systems being used to deliver capital works
- Qualifications: Degree in Architecture, Construction, Engineering or Project Management
- Demonstrated experience in the successful project management of construction projects to a value of more than $40 million in a commercial environment
- Current driver’s licence
6 month engagement based at the offices in Sydney's CBD.
This is an urgent requirement, please apply with a Word CV of three 3 pages asap using the application procedures below.
project management capital work maintenance asset coordination