project engineer in Inner West Sydney
Inner West Sydney, New South Wales
AU$ 150,000 per month
About the company
This business has long been considered on of Australia’s most prestigious building contractors. With a recently refreshed senior management team and one of Sydney’s most capable cost planning/estimating departments they have secured over $500million worth of projects so far this year.
About the project engineer role
This role is specifically to assist in the delivery of a large multi purpose scheme based in central Sydney. The successful project engineer will need to possess a passion for working on large, complex and intricate schemes. Typically this business will focus on delivering projects with average values in excess of $50million.
With a current portfolio closely aligned with other tier 1 businesses the main benefit of this company is their culture and long term career opportunities. Traditionally they have a thin senior management structure and for the successful candidate this will provide long term opportunities to move into senior management at contract manager or project manager level.
Key project engineer responsibilities
- Ensuring the development and implementation of building inspection and control strategies for compliance with all relevant Acts and Standards
- Coordinating the assessment of building and associated application for compliance with relevant legislation
- Coordinating the development and implementation of building inspection and control strategies and processes
- Ensure design is completed to an acceptable standard and on time to maintain programme
- Work with stakeholders in the procurement, supervision and administration of service trade packages
- Report services related issues to the Project Manager/Construction Manager and issues of cost to the Estimating Department
Project engineer duties:
You must have experience working for a well respected construction company and a proven track record delivering schemes in excess of $20million.
Project engineer skills and experience
- High level of planning and organisational skills
- Demonstrate excellent team working skills.
- Record of liaising with subcontractors
- Track record of working closely with PM’s/Cm’s
- Record of dealing with residential projects
- Excellent communication skills
This employer offers an inclusive company culture, long term training programs from day 1 and also prides itself on ensuring people achieve a good work life balance. They host regular social events are involved in numerous charities and have the financial means to ensure this continues.
- Salary up to $160,000 per annum + benefits.
- Permanent employment.
- Unique scheme.
- Dynamic and challenging working environment.
How to apply
Click the APPLY FOR THIS JOB BUTTON or please email your cv to Thomas.email@example.com.
Alternatively please call 02 9233 9900 or 0416 758 768 for a confidential discussion about the position
"project engineer" OR "senior project engineer" OR "contract administrator" OR "junior project manager" OR "project manager"