project manager in North Sydney
North Sydney, New South Wales
AU$ 160,000 per year
About the company
Our client has been operating nationally for over 35 years and consider Sydney NSW to be their most successful market. They pride themselves on delivering work on time, on budget and over 30% of their current portfolio is negotiated work. This role has arisen due to securing over $50 million of additional work to start over the next 9 months.
About the project manager role
This role is specifically for a technically proficient PM to step in and manage several schemes. These include projects in the aged care, health, commercial and government sectors. Long term senior management are also seeking someone capable of helping to shape and develop the project management function internally.
In addition to a challenging project environment, for a highly prestigious client, this role also offers an opportunity to join a business with significant growth and professional development on offer.
Key project manager responsibilities:
- Deliver a $30 million portfolio across multiple sectors
- Manage, liaise and coordinate subcontractors
- Attend client meetings during the construction phase.
- Monitor and update project schedules.
- Ensure project is delivered on time and on cost.
- Contribute to monthly project progress report meetings.
- Assist in site set up and final handover.
- Proven track record working as part of a large team in a busy live environment.
Project manager duties
You must have experience working for a well established construction company and a proven track record delivering schemes in excess of $10 million.
Project manager skills and experience:
- High level of planning and organisational skills
- Demonstrate high level man management skills
- Record of liaising with subcontractors
- Track record of working closely with PM’s
- Understand and interpret budgets
- Record of dealing with residential projects
- Excellent communication skills
With a young senior management team they have been committed to ensuring that people enjoy where they work and have the opportunity to progress across roles as and where appropriate. They also encourage feedback from all levels of staff and are constantly looking to challenge themselves.
- Salary up to $180,000 per annum + benefits
- Permanent employment
- Broad sector opportunity
- Dynamic and challenging working environment.
How to apply
Click the APPLY FOR THIS JOB BUTTON or please email your cv to Thomas.email@example.com.
Alternatively please call 0292 339 900 or 0416 758 768 for a confidential discussion about the position
"project manager" OR "senior project manager" OR "project engineer" OR "senior project engineer"