purchasing assistant in Western Suburbs Melbourne
Western Suburbs Melbourne, Victoria
AU$ 50,000 per year
My client is a well established producer and wholesaler of leading products, serving the growing domestic and growing international markets. The Purchasing Assistant position is an integral part of the business and the client is seeking to appoint an individual who has a high attention to detail and ability to learn and build the role.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Assisting with coordinating the procurement, scheduling and tracking of stock
- Ensuring invoicing is accurate and processed timely, within company policy and procedures
- Direct, professional, accurate and fast communication between management, employees and suppliers
The right candidate will demonstrate:
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and active listening ability
- Confidence with utilising Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word) and ability to learn new computer systems
- Ability to multitask and be involved in ad hoc project based work with timelines from time to time
- A natural ability to work within a team environment and communicate efficiently both internally and externally
- Previous experience with purchasing and administration is preferred
If you would like to be considered for this position, please include a brief cover letter with a current CV in your application, by clicking on the apply now button below.
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted. If you are interested in any other position which Randstad are recruiting for please visit our website to view other opportunities.
Microsoft Suite essential, Excellent communication skills