A Plastics Injection moulding manufacturing business currently going through expansion require a Quality Environmental and Safety Manager for their Victorian business.
Reporting to the Plant Manager you will be responsible for leading and implementing quality, environment, safety and training policies and procedures.
• Maintain compliance and certification to ISO 9001 and HACCP
• Manage the audit program, including audit frequency, selection of auditors and report on findings.
• Drive the investigation of PPIs ensuring root causes are identified leading to the implementation of effective corrective and preventative actions.
• Develop and implement written quality plan and supporting SOPs for quality test methods for the site.
• Ensure quality records are maintained.
• Manage the site calibration program.
• Maintain records of environmental activities and ensure site remains compliant to all regulations, policies and statutes. Manage noise surveys and employee hearing test program.
• Manage site chemical register and MSDSs.
• Advise Plant Manager on any environmental issues and the impact of changes with respect to current legislation.
• Facilitate effective functioning of the safety committee.
• Improve the profile and awareness of safety for all employees.
• Ensure that all accidents, incidents and near misses are reported, investigated in accordance with company policy and appropriate corrective actions taken.
• Manage first aider register and training and first aid supplies.
• Manage site health and safety systems, including systematic hazard identification, risk assessment and hazard control plans, emergency evacuation and act as site Return to Work Coordinator.
• Develop and implement a program for training, assessing and auditing employees to ensure understanding and compliance with the plants processes and procedures.
• Ensure all new and existing employees and contractors complete the induction process according to company policy.
• Manage register of certified fork hoist drivers and related training requirements.
• Strong understanding of OH&S requirements.
• Training and experience in quality management, with knowledge of best practice quality management systems.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with personnel at all levels of the organisation.
• Good IT skills.
• Ability to problem solve and follow through with solutions.
• Leadership and team skill sets.
• Attention to detail.
• Good people skills with the ability to develop trust and rapport.
• Self motivated with a strong personal drive.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Keith Tannahill on 03 9252 2176