senior estimator – national tier 2 - d&c projects in Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
Eastern Suburbs Melbourne, Victoria
AU$ 120,000 per year
My client is a leading national Tier 2 construction company successfully delivering projects across Australia. Since the company was established in 1980 they have completed over 3000 projects valued in excess of $8 billion. With annual revenues in excess of $700 million and 400 direct employees they are rated as one of Australia’s top 100 private companies.
About the Role
As a Senior Estimator with the business you will take a lead and be responsible for preparing budgets and estimates for tender and design & construct projects in the healthcare, school, Agecare, and retail projects typically valued between $20m - $100m. You will compile tenders independently although you will be supported by a junior to help with take offs and chasing prices. This is a great opportunity to join an established and leading Melbourne builder that have a great reputation, as such you will have the opportunity to grow and develop with the business with the potential to progress your career and earning potential.
As a Senior Estimator you will be responsible for the following
- Managing and coordinating tenders
- Cost Planning
- Liaising with clients, subcontractors and suppliers
- Review, develop and approve tender lists
- Vetting of subcontractor and supplier prices
- Prepare Bill of Quantities and Cost Plans
- Develop final estimates
- Preparation of tender forms, submissions and letters
- Assist project staff with contract letting
Skills and Experience
Only candidates that come from a strong Estimating background with the following experience and qualifications will be considered;
- Must have at least 10 years estimating experience.
- Strong education with qualifications in Construction Management or Quantity Surveying
- Must have experience working for a similar Commercial builder
- Strong track record on similar D&C Projects.
The quality of my client’s people clearly differentiates them from their competitors. They invest in their people to facilitate long term growth and development of the organisation and the technical skills they offer. Over 40% of current employees have tenure in excess of 7 years and staff turnover levels are exceptionally low. This provides continuity in relationships with clients and consistency in delivery across the business.
- Genuine opportunity to grow and develop your career with a leading builder
- Be a CA within 2 years and PM within 5 years
- Work site based on a project that is worth $70m
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the link below, or email Alex.email@example.com. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion please contact Alex Carson on 03 9252 2111.
estimator, buildsoft, cost planning, commercial builder,