This State Government Department are currently seeking a Senior Policy Officer to join their team for a contract until March 2017 starting as soon as possible.
As the Senior Policy Officer you will be responsible for managing and coordinating the delivery of complex policy initiatives and reforms that meet the Government's commitments. The Senior Policy Officer role will also:
- Research, analyse, review and provide advice on complex policy issues and develop sound options that support the Government’s policy direction
- Engage and consult with key stakeholders to identify and develop solutions that support sound policy decisions and approaches
- Contribute to the implementation of, evaluate and report on policy initiatives to monitor achievement of desired outcomes
- Identify emerging issues and recommend solutions to resolve problems and mitigate risks.
The successful Senior Policy Officer will have worked previously in a similar role and will:
- Have excellent stakeholder engagement skills and previously managed multiple and conflicting demands and timeframes
- Utilize judgment and initiative to understand and apply policy
- Maintain currency with constantly evolving policy settings.
If you are interested in this role apply online or call Tania 8298 3825 to discuss more about the role.