Your role as the Snr. Claims Assessor would include the following;
- Coaching and Case Management skills required for this role.
- Provide technical advice and support for Case Consultants during the assessment of complex cases.
- Provide expert and valued advice to support customers (internal and external)
- Deliver coaching to members of the team in alignment with planned development activities and QA feedback.
- Manage a portfolio of risk product claims (mainly Income Protection) within delegated authority to achieve specified targets.
- Secure and confirm all relevant information for the customer to develop a case goal and action plan for complex cases.
- Understand Policy Application information and legal requirements for assessing claims.
- Help resolve case complaints when necessary
Your Experience / Role Requirements
- Have a sound understanding of Medical Terminology
- A thorough understanding of the claims E2E process, with primary exposure to Income Protection, and Group / Super claims.
- Experience in helping to mentor and coach case managers
- Australian Insurance Institute (AII) - desirable
- An Allied Health background would be a great advantage (but not essential) to any application
- Either already live, or be able to relocate, to the Brisbane area in the next two months
This role represents a fantastic opportunity to join a leading light in the insurance industry, with the investment behind it to realise its full potential. You'll be part of an exciting new venture, and one that will allow you to grow and develop your own skills, as well as those around you.
If you are looking for your next challenge in the life industry, then please get in touch with me, Kevin Pickard, on (02) 8298 3805 or firstname.lastname@example.org