One of Melbourne's Largest Wholesale distributors, experiencing exponential organic growth.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated Supply Chain/Purchasing Officer with a strong focus on the coordination of procurement tasks required to deliver efficient and accurate purchasing outcomes. You will be expected to have a well-developed understanding and knowledge of efficient purchasing processes and be able to, working as part of a team, put forward leading inventory solutions as required with the view for improvement, leadership, safety and a flexible can-do attitude to further enhance their skillset. As part of our dedicated Operations Team at Clayton and reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will work within a small centralised team to ensure continuous improvement of our procurement processes and operations
- Update supplier price books and catalogues to include our product codes for ease of reference.
- Management of cycle count data and assist with stock-takes and physical checks
- Ensure suppliers are adhering to agreed terms and conditions
- Maintenance of purchasing and vendor data
- Handling phone enquiries with prompt service follow up
- Assisting with month end processing
- Running demand forecast reports and process purchase orders
- Liaising with suppliers regarding delivery dates, pricing & availability of stock
- Following up with suppliers on discrepancies in orders and stock
- Purchases of custom products
- Creating intercompany purchase orders -pick tickets.
- Ensuring inventory accuracy by correctly processing stock transactions.
- Deal with all warranty-faulty products and follow up with Credit Notes as required.
- At least 3+ years previous purchasing experience in a warehousing, logistics or distribution environment.
- Excellent Microsoft Suite skills, communication skills both written and verbal and an eye for detail.
- Exposure to Manufacturing Industry would be ideal
- Demand planning experience.
- The ability to work in a fast moving high pressured seasonal environment.
- A highly organisational skill set with the ability to follow through set tasks to their completion
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Danny Mullan on 03 9252 2141 - Please note only selected candidates with relevant experience will be contacted.