A Systems Architect is currently required to join the IT Team on a permanent basis to contribute substantially to our client’s technology roadmap and focus on transformation of the existing applications landscape across the corporate, Retail and Generation businesses. Drawing upon your experience and expertise, you will analyse and translate business and platform/application needs in order to enable the target state design and system patterns that will help drive the modernization of existing systems.
This role will initially focus on the retail landscape and the influencing the application and system design of the upgrade which is currently underway. The documentation and strategy of the Energy Trading and Risk Management platforms will also be a key focus. This position should drive solutions and designs that leverage architecture best practices and standards, while also identifying ways to improve existing enterprise assets and business applications.
The successful candidate will be working with senior and executive stakeholders and in particular the Retail IT Manager, Corporate Applications Manager, IT Operations Manager and Retail Systems Programme Manager.
The following skills and experience are required:
- Must have Energy sector Experience in Enterprise Architecture, with domain knowledge of one or more of the following areas: Retail operations Utility products and Wholesale Energy Market operations.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus by bringing people with opposing views together, and steering debates toward practical solutions and paths forward.
- Commercial and straightforward approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high standard of communication (written and verbal)
- Ability to work autonomously and identify key issues and risks requiring management or escalation.
- Capacity and willingness to learn quickly about complex matters
- Understanding of the Retail and/or wholesale energy market
- Strong learning and development background
- Implemented business focused changes to improve efficiencies
- Comprehensive experience in implementing a learning management system
- Ability to prioritise tasks according to business requirements
- Excellent time management skills
If you are interested in this role, apply by clicking on the “apply” button below or contact Rade Manojlovic for a confidential discussion on (03) 8319 1126