One of our clients a national insurance provider is looking for a Web Developer to join one of their Development teams. They have an awesome culture with a reputation for retaining and looking after their employees. If you are passionate about Web development and keen on moving to the Sunshine State this is the role for you.
Brisbane based (Sunshine State)
Awesome company culture
Competitive salary package
Build and support presentation and application layer their online quote and sale engines
- Strong experience with CSS and CSS frameworks.
- Preferably working experience with SASS or LESS css pre-processors
- Strong experience working on responsive design sites
- Experience working on mobile web sites
- Ability to write good quality technical documentation
- Source control experience with GIT
- Strong debugging and performance monitoring skills with experience using profilers.
- A good understanding of site optimisation using web metrics
- 2 – 3 years experience in developing web based software in a commercial environment
- Ability to work effectively with business, owning work from inception to delivery.
- A highly organised nature with high attention to detail
- Ability to successfully deliver solutions to agreed quality, time, specification and budget targets
- Advocate of and have a strong knowledge of software development best practices.
- Ability to work within a PCI compliant environment and follow coding best practice
Desirable Software Development Competencies:
- Experience with web technologies and systems
- Understanding of web architecture
- Experience of working within large teams and working with multiple teams and stake holders
- Experience writing Java applications
- Experience with the Java Ecosystem and tools (Spring,Hibernate, ActiveMQ, Tomcat, Wildfly, Nexus alldesirable)
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases (MySQL, Redis)
- Experience working in a cloud environment (AWS)
- Experience with software testing best practices. Writing unit, functional and acceptance tests. (Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit)
- Experience with continuous integration (Bamboo)Experience working with RESTful Services and an understanding of RESTful API concepts
- Experience working in an agile development methodology. Preferably SCRUM based.
- Experience using the Atlassian tool kit (JIRA, Confluence, Stash, Bamboo)