whs manager - expressions of interest in Wetherill Park
Wetherill Park, New South Wales
We are seeking Expressions of Interest for a senior WHS Manager to join this company in the FMCG Manufacturing sector. The company specialises in food products and their various products are some of the most iconic in Australia.
This role is responsible for the implementation of policies, procedures and processes relating to WHS for applicable audits and corrective action and for maintaining and implementing appropriate WHS regulatory requirements. The role is required to build strong internal and external relationships.
The role has two direct reports and is responsible for 3 sites within the western suburbs of Sydney. Travel between sites is necessary. Experience within food manufacturing and FMCG is essential.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist site teams to implement and maintain onsite WHS Management System
- Ensure procedures are prepared and implemented to eliminate or reduce potential hazards
- Maintain project related registers
- Develop and Deliver a safety culture
- Conduct or assist in Investigations of incidents within the workplace
- Ensure all incidents, non-conformance and improvement opportunities are correctly implemented within a prescribed timeframe
- Assist injured employees through their rehabilitation process
- Ensure site staff and contractors are educated in WHS
- Be willing to see actions through to conclusion
- Commercially oriented, aware of the current status of the sector and markets
- Actively engage with, support and foster change initiatives within the team
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Able to maintain exceptional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to make good decisions in a timely manner, problem solve
- Take initiative and follow through to completion
- Organising, executing and monitoring tasks
- Management of two direct reports
- Recognised WHS Qualifications and /or relevant experience
- Previous knowledge and experience in WHS especially in FMCG / Food Manufacturing
- A sound working knowledge of WHS and Workers Compensation legislation and best practice
- Experience in Return-to-Work legislation
- General knowledge of the principals of Diversity and Equality
- A Current Drivers Licence
A competitive salary > 150K+S is being offered.
If you are interested and you meet the desired and essential criteria of this role, please don't delay in submitting your resume in WORD using the appropriate links below.
FMCG, Manufacturing, Management Experience, Drive culture of safety