whs manager - leadership team - western suburbs in Wetherill Park
Wetherill Park, New South Wales
If you consider yourself gifted at formulating winning strategies and ideas, consider yourself an entrepreneurial and commercial thinker, if you are an innovative thinker able to lead by example, able to deliver results and meet expectations, with open and effective communication, then this role may be the one you have been searching for.
We are seeking a senior WHS Manager to join this company as part of the Leadership Team. The successful candidate will be required to develop and lead the WHS strategic agenda across the organisation working in multiple sites.
This role would suit someone with heavy industry or mining experience who is hands on across white and blue collar environments, driving a culture of behavioural safety awareness.
This role is responsible for both strategic and operational facets. Driving a behavioural based safety culture, using lead and lag indicators to provide leadership, direction and development of the WHS team, internal and external stakeholders. With two direct reports and three sites to manage in the western suburbs, there will also be a requirement to travel interstate when required.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop and drive a partnership with functional managers for the purposes of promoting a safe working behaviour
- Provide strategic advice and goals to the key business units
- Provide leadership and development to the WHS team
- Training and Developing WHS training, coaching, support and guidance to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and lead all required WHS reporting
- Ensure a long term focus on key lead and lag indicators, trend analysis and recommendations
- Manage policies, procedures and legislative frameworks and compliance
- Develop and implement appropriate hazard management and reporting systems
- Support the development and implementation of key WHS projects across the organisation
- Responsible for financial and budgetary management
- Tertiary qualifications in WHS or other relevant discipline
- Experienced WHS professional with practical hands on experience across white and blue collar environments with exposure to heavy industry
- Demonstrated capacity to design and execute a strategic direction for WHS with key measurable outcomes
- Minimum 10+ years in similar WHS Management / Leadership roles
- Experienced in managing a team of professionals|
A competitive salary of between 150-160K+S is being offered.
If you are interested and you meet the desired and essential criteria of this role, please don't delay in submitting your resume in WORD format using the appropriate links below. For a further confidential discussion please contact Bev McLoughlin on 9615 5324
RTW, WHS, Policy and Procedures, Lead and Lag, Behavioural Based Culture