global collateral management account implementation and monitoring in Brussel-Stad
Collateral management within Markets Group (MG) is one of the fastest growing areas. Major financial investors and principle brokerage firms are continuously looking to improve their profit ratios. The successful management of their collateral (securities or cash) to support this is thus a logical development within the securities industry.
Global Collateral Services GCM (Global Collateral Management) offers two collateral management products to our global clients. Firstly, the bank acts as an independent third party to any agreement between an Investor (with cash or securities to lend) and a Dealer (willing to borrow cash or securities against non-cash collateral). Secondly, the bank enables the clients to outsource their collateral management for exposures resulting from OTC Derivatives. There the bank agrees collateral movements on our clients¿ behalf with their counterparts. This product is called DM Edge. Five global service centers cover 24 hours (Tokyo, Singapore, Brussels, London and New York) and markets around the world.
As the products continue to grow and be driven by the demands of our clients, MG is continuously looking for other types of collateral management products to combine with sophisticated collateralisation systems (developed by the Company or external vendors)
The MG Account Implementation and Monitoring team is the central link between the different global teams in GCM.
- We handle the opening and maintenance of client relationships in the collateral management systems (account setup, eligibility rules, balance reconciliation)
- We are the subject matter experts assisting the client services teams with internal or external (client) queries
- We are important contributors to the development of new tools and products
- We perform analysis and control on the GCM accounts
- We follow up on client originated claims
- We report client complaints and errors made by other teams.
- You have a background in global custody business or collateral management of minimum two years.
- Generally you have an affinity with financial markets.
- Experience in a client contact group and/or Business Analyst or Technical Support group is an asset.
- You have a questioning mind; think "outside the box" and you like to think logically and analytically. You participate actively in meetings to mitigate risk and increase efficiency. Frequently you suggest your own ideas and work these out.
- Your verbal and written communication skills are excellent.
- You are able to handle numbers and various analytical tasks.
- You are fluent in English. Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
- You question processes and are interested with is the reason behind the system logic
- A fast-moving, dynamic and multi-task environment attracts you.
- Risk awareness is something you develop with your understanding and experience of the business
- Your drive is to be our clients' partner of choice.
- You can work independently, setting the correct priorities under all conditions, and also like to work in a team.
- You can manage and resolve complex issues with maturity and diplomacy, seeking assistance when required and frequently reporting status updates.