global cooling & draft equipment development specialist i in Leuven
The Specialist I will be responsible to:
- Analyze, validate and implement industry available technological platforms from which incremental business projects can be developed, within the framework of our established business platforms.
- Integrate with ongoing guidance the assigned, medium risk/return driven projects within the area of cooling & draft equipment development, leveraging/translating existing business and consumer needs into commercial products. The assigned projects need to contribute to our overall organic growth (e.g. 1% of total growth) and/or profitability.
- With management guidance, provide functional expertise to the assigned (medium scope) projects and associated internal/external development stakeholders; whilst deploying the available development methodologies, systems and procedures within the total project scope.
- Follow the available procedures on Intellectual Property protection throughout all stages of the project development cycle and within the selected commercial internal/external relationships.
- Deploy the provided development methodologies, systems, tools, specifications and standards within the context of the assigned project.
- To continuously increase the technological cooling & draft equipment expertise through learning on the job, consulting with internal functional authority, formal training and ongoing analysis of the (competitive) technological landscape within the FMCG industry.
- To actively participate to the organizational team development.
- Master's degree in relevant applied science, engineering or development area (electro-mechanics, product development, material sciences, etc).
- Preferably a complementary commercially oriented education like MBA or other business degree or demonstrated commercial experience / business knowledge.
- Fluency in English (written/spoken), other language skills constitute an additional asset.
- PC literate: knowledge of standard software programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Intra/Internet applications.
- Any previous professional experience in a cooling & draft equipment development role and/or other related development function within a global multi-national FMCG environment.
- Demonstrated (project) management capabilities.
- Demonstrated cultural awareness and/or ability to bridge cultural differences.
Technical competencies (Job related):
- Basic technical understanding of underlying technical disciplines inside the area of cooling & draft equipment : raw materials, conversion processes, design principles.
- Basic understanding of the different production and supply chain platforms used within the cooling & draft equipment industry.
- Multi-lateral thinker having the ability to derive project related development activities from conceptual project briefings with management guidance.
- Demonstrated capability to develop customer/consumer understanding, business savvy.
- Established interpersonal leadership and communication skills.
- Able to deal with changing environments and requirements in a professional and consistent manner.
- Result oriented with respect for quality and timing.
- Knowledge in problem solving tools.
- Dynamic team player.
- Commitment to continuous learning.