risk analyst in Etterbeek
Etterbeek, Brussels Hoofdstedelijk Gewest
For one of our clients, a very large player in the energy field, we are looking for an enthousiastic Risk Analyst.
- Report timely and accurate daily market exposure and profit and loss for gas trading books; Analysis of the P&L by trading strategy and greeks to help explain the drivers of the P&L
- Calculation of risk metrics like VaR and stress
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to support other ETS functions
- Support ongoing projects (IT and other) to support the MO; improvement of risk metrics reporting, automisation P&L explain
- Analysis and understanding of the risk positions being run on the desk and ensuring these fit within the risk framework of the organization.
- Spot and remedy any problems with relevant data (transaction, market or reference data).
- Monitor traders' adherence against their delegated authority.
- Contribute to new business initiatives, systems or process improvement projects.
- Maintain a good knowledge of market conditions through the use of provided tools.
- Identify and support process improvements;
- Maintain good relations with all internal and external stakeholders especially with FO, Back Office, Accounting, Planning & Control & IT
- Perform monthly and quarterly account closing and reconciliation activities; interface with BO & Accounting teams
- Location: Brussels
- Highly organized, good attention to detail and ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Strong analytical and numerical skills;
- Very good Excel knowledge, preferably working knowledge in VBA and programming of macros;
- Dedicated and stress-resilient;
- Proactive and result oriented approach to work;
- Team worker and experience in working in an international and multi-location organization;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and positive attitude;
- Ability to build and nurture effective relationships internally and externally;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a rapidly changing environment;
- Curious and demonstrating willingness to learn;
- A degree preferably in Economy, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics
- 4-6 years of working experience (preferably in energy trading environment)
- Relevant experience within a Market Risk environment in a trading company;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of energy markets and the financial instruments commonly used for risk management for gas
- Knowledge of risk metrics such as VaR, stress tests, scenario analysis,
- Knowledge of one or more of Risk Management systems (e.g. Endur) would be an advantage
- Language knowledge : English and one of local languages (French or Dutch)