? University degree or Technical College diploma in mechanical or electrical engineering or equivalent.
? 5+ years engineering experience directly related to connector design area.
? Working experience in 2D/3D CAD system – Solidworks
? Problem solving skills
? Good verbal and written English skills.
? Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
? Excellent communication skills
? Ability to work well in a team environment.
? Knowledge of connector design or small electronic components experience.
? Project management skills
? Leadership skills
? Priority Management skills
- Design interconnect products from conceptual stage to mass production stage.
- Create new product proposal drawings and/or 3D models for customers.
- Create Engineering Change Notices for existing products or for new products development to accurately explain the intention of drawing process changes.
- Cost Reduction programs for existing products.
- Provide cost estimate for new products to Marketing Department.
- Create product specification for new design products.
- Establish new product development plan with specified time lines, resources, and related engineering activities. And apply this plan to control & monitor related engineering activities.
- Review customer specification to ensure final products meet all specified requirements.
- Create detail drawings for plastic components, stamped parts & die casting parts for related connector products.
- Perform Tolerance Analysis on detail components design to confirm the fitting among newly designed components.
- Coordinate to make rapid prototype samples to customers to obtain related customer approval on new products.
- Create Item Master and Bill of Materials in MRP system for existing products or new designed products.
- Provide technical support for all the Engineering Assistance requests from Marketing department.
- Provide competition product cross-reference checklist to customers.
- Evaluate First Article samples from suppliers. Drive ME & QC engineers to ensure FAI can be finished as soon as possible.
- Create resale production drawings for resale product & evaluate resale products from suppliers to ensure it meets customer requirements. Approve for resale products by First article inspection report.
- Create accurate detail drawings. – (Hands on design work).
- Create ECN’s to accurately explain the intention of drawing and process changes.
- Work hand in hand with a team of engineers located in Canada and China.
- Resolve engineering and design related issues.
- Work with vendors to ensure that design intent is achieved with new products.
- Ensure designs meet price, performance, and manufacturability requirements.
- Interface with other departments and bring teams together on new projects.
- May be required to monitor progress of some project elements for new product introductions.
- Other related duties as required.