Manage the Financial Controlling function within Greater China having for main mission to drive Working Capital improvement, Balance Sheet quality, Internal Controls, Compliance, Risk Management, Acquisition integration etc.
Lead the Controlling function across Greater China. Initiate and coordinate actions and new process implementation in order to improve and optimize the areas:
- Drive working capital improvement with specific attention to inventories, debtors and cash balances
- Improve BS quality throughout the region, implement regular reviews of key accounts
- Play active role in assisting management in the risk assessment process and embedding a risk management culture throughout the organization. This includes foreign exchange hedges appropriate to the business.
- Monitor local and group rules compliance, ensure the gaps are closed in a phased manner
- Work closely with group internal audit function and ensure key issues are satisfactorily addressed by the countries
- Monitor external audits progress and timely closing
- Ensure returns for Corporation tax, VAT and other relevant taxes are submitted, payments made on time and all relevant regulations are complied with
- Support / guide / lead special projects as and when launched
- Work closely with group finance and units post closing of acquisitions in the areas of integration into the business
- All employees have a responsibility to contribute to the Group’s sustainability and in doing so ensure that we can continue to fulfil our mission of improving lives by improving sight.
- All business decisions and actions must serve and be in line with the Group’s sustainability goals and mission.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Process improvement
- Risk Management
- Balance sheet quality
- Working capital improvement
- Compliance with local and group rules
- Timely closing of external and internal audit issues
Education, Experience and Competencies Required:
- CPA / Degree in Finance, Accountancy or equivalent
- Well developed experience of at least 10 years in financial control. A double experience Audit firm + Industrial company would be ideal for this position.
- Result oriented, autonomous, hands-on, persevering.
- Very strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Proven leadership and management ability in the areas of finance operations
- Strong integrity, Passion and Drive for internal control and process improvement
- Excellent communication skills and cultural sensitivity (Chinese proficiency is mandatory; other dialects proficiency is an added advantage)