ga director in Beijing
· Work with Global Government Affairs Team and China Leadership Team to develop Illumina’s strategies, programs and resource plan to meet China overall growth strategies and priorities.
· Develop and maintain relationships with senior decision makers in Chinese government bodies relevant to Illumina’s business, including but not limited to CFDA, MOST, NHFPC, MOHRSS, etc.
· Monitor government legislative and policy changes, industry priorities, technology and investment priorities. Provide input to China Leadership team on business development opportunities and longer term business strategies.
· Establish and maintain a smooth and ready communication channel for senior Illumina executives with senior Chinese leaders, and facilitate such meetings for visiting executives.
· Develop and maintain relationships with Academia, industry experts and semi-government research institutions related to Illumina’s business, including but not limited to Chinese Academy of Science.
· Identify key opinion leaders and develop programs to maintain strong relationships with critical experts.
· Actively participate in trade/commercial related bodies and various programs between China and USA such as US-China Business Council to establish contacts with peer companies to promote and expand Illumina’s business opportunities.
· Identify Corporate Social Responsibility programs that can relate to Illumina’s business objectives
· Minimum 8-10 years relevant experience in Government Affairs and have extensive government affairs contacts in the government ministries relevant to Illumina.
· Working experience within one of the Chinese government organizations or Chinese/Bilateral institutions identified above highly preferred.
· Related experience on Life Science, Pharma and/or Clinical Diagnostics issues preferred.
· Senior executive presence and strong business acumen; Able to work across the company to identify opportunities.
· Good analytical skills and strategic mentality; Able to understand company goals and objectives; Strategic thinking to highlight key opportunities and challenges for business growth.
· Self-directed, motivate and problem solver mentality.
· Ability to work under pressure with a positive attitude.
· Fluent oral and excellent English writing skills.
· Bachelor or above education.
· Education in Business Administration, Science, or Engineering preferred.