A Leading Global Financial Services brand is seeking an Operational Risk Manager to join this well regarded business to maintain ensure that they have appropriate risk controls across their Australian operations function. The role will play a key role in managing the risks controls, reporting to management within Line 1 Risk Function.
As the Operational Risk & Control Manager within this Leading International Financial Services Brand you play a key role in helping to build defined controls and this role will ensure that all risks and controls are suitably identified and mitigated as the business expands both across BAU and project functions.
Within this unique and interesting role your duties will involve the following activities:
- Advising and challenging the business in relation to risk and control framework.
- Helping to develop the structure around risk and controls especially as part of a wider continuous improvement environment, in addition to helping to mitigate risk and identify future benefits.
- Also making the business aware of and assisting in the roll out and implementation of a dashboard risk reporting process.
- You will be responding to risk related questions/queries and providing advice and education to the business around key risk matters.
- Responsibility of ad hoc risk reports eg: to the Board, the Group Executive Committee and Audit, Risk and Compliance Committees
As the suitable candidate as the Operational Risk & Control manager you will have experience identifying risk and controls within a project environment and / or Business As usual Environment. In addition to having had previous expertise of identifying Risk and Controls within Financial services. Ideally you will have gained this experience within a Risk & Controls Function and or /an Internal audit function within a financial services firm or alternatively from a Big 4 Consulting background within their financial services practice.
Should you wish to discuss this opportunity further please feel free to contact Andrew Woutersz on
02 8298 3885.