application solution architect in Parramatta
Parramatta, New South Wales
My Client is a large Government Organisation and currently has an immediate requirement for an Application Solution Architect for a long term contract role based in Parramatta.
The Application Solution Architect will provide technical analysis, design and implementation guidance of architecture services for solving integration, interfacing and synchronisation challenges faced by assigned ICT Programs / Projects. The position works closely with other technology departments, business units and the program / project team and has an emphasis on input to the development of architectural deliverables. The role reports directly to the Project Manager.
- Encourage and drive a culture of technical excellence, co-operation and collaboration across all stakeholders by providing a high level of advice and leadership in relation to solution architecture and solution designs;
- Partners with business and IT representatives including enterprise architecture, application and infrastructure teams in requirements gathering and reviews to produce an optimal, high level, conceptual design for the project;
- Analyze and translate business and technical requirements into an architectural design document that outlines enterprise level solutions integrating across applications, systems, and platforms to achieve business objectives;
- Consult with internal staff at all levels to develop and maintain comprehensive and accurate technical documentation and models for new and modified applications;
- Liaise with vendors to specify and negotiate solutions and to define hardware and software requirements
- Proven extensive experience as an Application Solution Architect gained across a number of larger organisations across a range of technical platforms.
- Aptitude to formulate and articulate technical vision in order to anticipate and prepare for emerging systems and technology needs with the ability to understand multiple systems or technologies and how they interact;
- Demonstrated experience in analysing and presenting/reporting technical information for critical business systems in a large ICT environment;
- Demonstrated capacity to use standard modeling approaches, tools and model repositories;
- Demonstrated experience in applying multiple technology solutions to business problems; and astuteness in identifying and implementing continuous process improvements;
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with an ability to develop and maintain professional and respected working relationships other team members, clients, management, and vendors;
- Ability to take accountability and to make sound architectural and strategic decisions;
- Effective ability to deal with ambiguity, unexpected events, and changing business requirements; ability to juggle multiple activities, projects, and initiatives simultaneously;
- Experience with testing automation and/or leading other through testing automation.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI) using VMWare technologies as the target environment from legacy operating environments
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of secure public cloud technologies as a target solution platform
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, VMWare, Linux, JBoss products, services and technology solution environments including in-house and cloud offerings
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of ICT security and the application of ASD IRAP controls as it relates to solutions architecture in a virtual environment
- Architectural knowledge of Storage (Object storage, SAN, NAS and backup) technologies
- Architectural knowledge of Networking technologies – LAN and WAN, virtual networking
- Architectural knowledge of data centre installations e.g. racking, cabling, etc.
If you have the right skills then please apply to this role asap.
"Vmware technologies", "Hyper Converged Infrastructure"