My client a leading global financial technology company are looking for a apps support specialist with 3-5 years experience
The successful candidate will be responsible for the first level support of a leading Australian equity dealing desk and its institutional clients.
- S/he will be the primary support person for production support issues and trading applications.
- The position also requires facilitation of internal ‘User Acceptance Testing’ with end-users and occasional dealer training for new software
- A successful candidate will manage client software deployments and upgrades as well as be responsible for client connectivity (FIX) via their routing engine.
- Initial point of contact for all trading applications and systems issues that arise from the Australia Dealing Desk.
- Troubleshoot trading applications, order routing and back office applications on Windows and UNIX platforms.
- Interpret users’ requests and take appropriate action to provide high level of support service.
- User acceptance testing of new dealing products and changes to the existing toolset prior to implementation in Production. In time the candidate will have input into the analysis and design of product. Maintain appropriate user test environments.
- Ensure adequate performance and operation of the dealing desk systems - monitor performance/operation, diagnose and address any problems.
- Management and tracking of daily production problems, ownership of production issues. Ensure effective and timely resolution and communications to clients
Knowledge and Skills Required
- 3-5 years experience in the finance industry, preferably from a trading environment.
- Must have a university degree.
- Must have a thorough understanding of Australian equity markets.
- IRESS/IOS knowledge desirable.
- Good client management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with FIX (v4.2) order routing is highly desirable. Understanding client order workflow (OMS), order routing systems and settlement process is beneficial.
- Experience with SOR (smart order routing) is not a must but highly desirable.
- Excellent application and system problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of minor programming and scripting is beneficial. Basic SQL knowledge required.
- Being able to work with minimal supervision.
- High sense of ownership of tasks. Reliable, fast learner, great attention to detail.
If you have the above please "Apply Now" or email email@example.com or feel free to give me a call on (02) 8235 3335