Our client is a Tier 1 contractor working on the NBN roll out across Australia & aims to provide an unrivalled opportunity for their people to develop their careers in a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment that values work-life balance and diversity.
Area Construction Manager - To successfully manage the delivery of all works associated with the NBN contract on the Great Ocean Road area. The role will be accountable for maintaining exceptional relationships, developing stakeholder relationships and ensuring superior project delivery to exceed NBN company’s expectations. The Area Construction Manager will be responsible for ensuring the integrated structure is utilised soundly to assist the area team to deliver the project outcome for assigned program of work.
- Strengthen stakeholder relationships.
- Encourage repeat work through exceptional business relationships.
Project (SAM) Start-up
- Liaise with key project personnel to formulate and develop project start-up plans for new areas of operations for approval by the Project Delivery Manager.
- Accountable for the mobilisation and start-up requirements in his/her area.
- Review construction documents and ensure all area personnel are aware of the scope and obligations under the contract.
- Actively participate in design and constructability reviews.
- Review program to ensure resources are used efficiently and productivity is maximised.
- Monitor performance of planning and procurement personnel, review area schedule and revise construction milestones if needed to maintain target program.
- Monitor all costs in line with budget forecasts and ensure appropriate action is taken by the commercial personnel.
- Identify cost minimisation opportunities that can reduce labour, plant and equipment, materials and transportation costs.
- Ensure accurate verification of subcontractor SOR, variations claims and payments.
- Assist project team to establish measurable performance indicators for Subcontractors and suppliers.
- Liaise with Quality Manager and Project Delivery Manager to further develop the project quality plan and tools for defect minimisation.
Procurement and Construction
- Liaise with planning and procurement personnel to maintain updated procurement schedules and forecast labour and resource needs.
- Ensure work activities are performed in accordance with safe work methods, ITPs and that checklists are undertaken prior to commencement of activities on site.
- Provide technical direction to staff, supervisors and Subcontractors performing the works.
Heath, Safety and Environment (HSE)
- Oversee HSE risk management processes
- Promote a culture of HSE awareness and partner with HSE personnel to lead by example. This includes the regular performance of Tool Box with Construction staff and Subcontractors in attendance
The Requirements & Personal attributes
- Tertiary qualifications in construction, engineering or related.
- Extensive knowledge of cost planning and construction project controls principles and practices.
- Project Management certification preferred, i.e. PMP, PMBOK, or PRINCE2
- Ability to read and comprehend design documents
- High level of computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, P6 and SAP
- A strong sense of accountability and responsibility.
- Proven relationship building and coaching or mentoring skills
- Very highly developed dispute resolution, collaboration and negotiation skills.
- An ability to manage pressure and maintain a high level of energy.
- Exceptional presentation, time management and delegation skills.
- A high level of motivation and commitment to improve work practices, systems and procedures.
- Flexible attitude to working hours to meet demand.
- Focuses on the Client
- Fosters collaboration
How you will benefit:
- Opportunity within a National business & opportunity to make an impact on major infrastructure project
- Promotional opportunities within a multi sector Organisation
- Good working environment with team ethic
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Tony Howells on 03 9252 2198