An exciting and new created role has become available and we are looking for an Asset and Property Project Portfolio Manager to fulfil the team.
The council is proud of having an organisational culture that delivers innovation, exciting projects, career opportunities and a supportive hierarchy. The culture is driven by the values and the way employees behave. Future Focus, Achieving Together, Inspiring Excellence, Respecting Individuals and Ensuring trust are just a few values of CPP.
The role is responsible for leading the planning, delivery and reporting of the organisation’s 10 year asset renewal and compliance programs.
The City has over $2.6 billion in assets across diverse range of classes including open space, roads, drains, footpaths, and buildings. In a context of significant population growth, rates capping, and the challenge of urban infrastructure renewal, some of the key priorities for the position.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Work with the Manager Asset Management and Property, Coordinator Property Management and Property Project Managers to plan and report on key property projects and delivery of routine leasing and licencing and property acquisition and disposal activities.
- Work with the Coordinator Enterprise Asset Management to plan and delivery the organisation’s 10 years asset renewal and compliance programs including Project Sponsor, Project Managers, Building Project Control Group (PCG) and the Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO).
- Ensuring appropriate planning, monitoring and delivery of renewal and compliance projects to achieve condition targets and improve safety and accessibility of assets.
- Liaising with key internal stakeholders to ensure appropriate engagement, resourcing, support and input into programs and projects to ensure the desired outcomes are achieved.
- Identifying, monitoring and responding to identified issues and risk to ensure programs are delivered in a timely fashion and project benefits are achieved.
- Providing leadership and advice to strategic initiatives as required including long-term and annual planning, the development of business cases, and the Council’s financial strategy.
Furthermore, we are seeking applicants with a specific skillset and working experience, to include:
- Tertiary qualifications or relevant experience in Project Management, Asset Management or a related field. Evidentiary based proficiency in portfolio management with relevant experience in delivering multiple asset based programs and projects.
- Extensive knowledge and experience (minimum of five years) in successfully leading delivery of a portfolio projects in a dynamic, complex, infrastructure organisation – preferable in a local council.
- Proven ability to think strategically, analyse complex situations, develop creative solutions and achieve defined program/project outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build collaborative and productive relationships with the executives, colleagues, stakeholders and employees.
- Strong written and presentations skills including demonstrated ability to skilfully communicate complex information and issues to a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to operate strategically in a complex operating environment using an enterprise approach, with a Community First mindset to achieve organisational objectives.
What will be your benefit?
- Working on an exciting asset portfolio, worth $2.6 billion
- Flexible working hours
- Career progression/opportunities
- Supportive hierarchy
- Give creative input & solutions for your own community
If you are interested in applying for this position, meet the stipulated criteria, then we encourage you to apply with your resume below. If you have any further questions OR would like to get more details, please do not hesitate to contact Ramona Weckerle on 9252 2188. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 7 days of application.