assistant accountant in Sydney CBD
Sydney CBD, New South Wales
AU$ 70,000 per year
Multinational solutions business based in Sydney CBD is actively seeking an experienced and driven Assistant Account for a 3month temp to permanent position. This role reports to the financial accounting manager and requires working in a small team environment.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Record the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible)
- Track existing fixed assets
- Record depreciation
- Carry value of all assets and accounting for the disposal of fixed assets
- Raise accounting journals for weekly and monthly processes
- Prepare and action balance sheet reconciliations
- Ad hoc accounting tasks as requested
- Establish and maintain strong stakeholder relationships across finance and non-finance.
To be considered for this position, you will need to have minimum 2-3 years accounting experience in complex working environments. Further requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting
- CA or CPA qualification (or predicted CPA/CA qualification in 2017)
- Hands on SAP knowledge
- Advanced excel skills
- Excellent communication both written and verbal
- Ability to act and operate independently, but also work cohesively in a team environment
If you truly believe you have what it takes to be successful in this position, please contact Sarah Davies on 02 8215 1027/ firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference number 90M0299829/SK918687A
Please note, we are looking for someone to start in this position as soon as possible, therefore, candidates who are available within 1-2 weeks will be considered first.